Translate

Monday, December 31, 2012

My Favorite Drugstore Lipsticks!




(From left to right)

Warm Me Up - Maybelline ($5)
This is definitely my most worn lipstick out of the four just because its a very neutral everyday color. It matches my natural lip color almost perfectly, that's probably why I love it so much because it looks like my real lip color but better :) If I were to describe the color, I'd say it's a mauvey-pink with a slight shimmer to it. It’s smooth, easy to apply, and wears well for a solid three to four hours.

Sheer Linen - L'oreal Caresse ($7)
This lipstick is the perfect nude. I've tried other drugstore nude lipsticks and they always seem to be too brown or too pale to the point where it just washes me out. What I also love about this lipstick is that it has a nice glossy sheen to it so you don't have to apply lip gloss over it. Sheer Linen is a sheer nude that can be built up for a more opaque coverage. Caresse lipsticks glide smoothly on the lips and feel feather light. Since it does have a balm like consistency, these wear for only about two hours.

Vivid Rose - Maybelline ($5)
This lipstick is the newest of the four from the Vivid's Collection. I'm not too sure when that collection released because I haven't seen it in too many stores. I bought this lipstick to wear during New Years as my night out lipstick. The pigmentation of this lipstick is amazing, I'd say it's a rich pink/magenta color. What I love the most about this lipstick is that it isn't glittery, most pink lipsticks that I find always have a shimmery lust to it and ends up looking chromy. Like the other maybelline lipstick, it wears for about 4 hours. 

Hot Passion - Covergirl Lip Perfection ($6)
Last but not least, Hot Passion! This is definitely the most bold lipstick that I own. Being a Taylor Swift fan, I had to buy it because it was her favorite. This lipstick was super hard to find and now I can see why. The pigmentation of this lipstick is incredibly amazing, I'd definitely say it's a true red. It's one of the - if not the best lipstick formulas I've used from the drugstore. It's very creamy and opaque, with magnificent lasting power. After 6+ hours, it's still there and leaves a nice reddened pink stain behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment