Translate

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash & Toner Review!

I recently got some new skincare products that I added to my skincare routine that I absolutely fell in love with! It's been over a month since I've purchased these items but I wanted to wait until I tested these products long enough before I wrote a review on these products just to make sure they really worked for me. As always, feel free to leave me comments with any questions, suggestions, or your opinions on these products and how they worked for you :)

I've heard so many beauty guru's rave about The Body Shop's Tea Tree skincare line for such a long time that I finally caved in and bought them.  But before I tell you about the products, I first wanted to let you guys know what my skin imperfections are so you have an idea of what I look for in a product. Fortunately, I never had a problem with cystic acne or any of that sort. I got a few pimples here and there but my biggest issues with my skin are blackheads, whiteheads, blemishes, and oily skin. Everybody has different skin problems so the products that I may love might not always work for you because everyone's skin has different needs. So don't be discouraged if these products don't work for you! 



Body Shop Tea Tree Face Wash ($11.50):

Claims: This daily-use facial wash for blemished skin gives clearer-looking skin when used as part of a regular regime.
  • Removes excess oil without over-drying skin
  • Helps remove impurities
  • Gentle enough for daily use
I was super excited to use this face wash because I have oily skin & blemishes so this seemed like the perfect face wash for me. I'm not too sure how well this face wash removes make-up because I use a make-up remover wipe before washing my face so I couldn't tell you how well this removes make-up. I honestly really do like this product and would definitely re-purchase!
So here are my opinions on this product :)

Pros:
  • Very gentle on skin
  • Doesn't leave my skin feeling tight/dry
  • Leaves face feeling clean & refreshed
  • Controls acne 
  • Minimizes blemishes & acne scars
Cons:
  • Smells a little weird
    It's not a horrible smell! I don't mind it, I just don't love it.


Body Shop Tea Tree Toner ($11.50):

Claims: This refreshing toner for blemished skin gives a beautifully matte, shine-free finish.
  • Removes traces of make-up, cleanser and impurities
  • Mattifying powders leave skin shine-free
  • Clinically proven to give clearer-looking skin
Words cannot describe how much I LOVE this toner. This is definitely one of my new HG products! I honestly get so excited in the morning/night just to use this, that's how much I'm obsessed with it lol. It leaves this cool and refreshing feeling afterwards that I just love! I definitely would re-purchase this product no doubt!

Pros:
  • Very gentle on skin
  • SUPER REFRESHING
  • Doesn't leave the skin feeling tight/dry
  • Leaves skin feeling clean
  • Controls acne
  • Matte finish to the skin
  • Removes leftover make-up
Cons:
  • Having to shake the bottle thoroughly before using

No comments:

Post a Comment